Sunday, February 3, 2008

A New Way of Learning

This week, we had an exercise to help us get more familiar with writing skills. We found a partner in our class, and then exchange our essays with each other. Read the other’s essay, read it. Then, correct the grammar mistakes inside the essay, find two good things from the essay, and give an advice about the part which is need to improve. This time, Ivy and I are partners. At first, I felt strange when I read her essay, because I have never helped others to edit their essays. That was a nerves time, I was afraid that I could not give a helpful advice, and I did not know how to express the good things of her essay in a right way. Anyway, I tried my best.

However, when I received my essay, looked at the things she wrote and read my essay again, I found they are really helpful. At least, I know what I need to improve, and when I see the good things of my essay, I know what I need to keep in the future. Also, from this exercise, I think I know better about the rules of writing, because when I helped Ivy to edit her essay, I looked at the rules again and again, so now it is deep in my mind.

I think help others to edit their essays is a good way of learning. I hope we can have more this kind of opportunity in the future.

4 comments:

Nahid said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Nahid said...

Hi Sharon!

How well you did interpret "Editing" process! Yeah! a new way of writing learning!

Good Luck!
:)

Scott Douglas said...

It sounds like this was a great activity for you. I'm going to have to do it with my students!

Lisa said...

hoho....
even though we thought it is helpful
but we got super super low marks for our essays:-(